All coaches with BC Youth Volleyball must meet the following requirements set out by BC Youth Volleyball.
- All coaches must complete criminal record checks conducted by the BC Government through the Criminal Record Review Program. The CRRP is standard by which Criminal Record checks are completed and assessed. The CRRP has the knowledge, education, and expertise to determine relevance of potential criminal record instances without sacrificing the privacy of individuals who are having their criminal record checks completed.
- Under the Criminal Records Review Act, you must have a criminal record review conducted by the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) if you work with children or vulnerable adults.
- Our coaches are members of the Coaching Association of Canada and have completed courses including:
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Making Headway
- Multi-Sport modules.
As a sponsored team with the Junior Volleyball Association (JVA),
Our coaches must:
- adhere to the JVA's Background Screening Policy.
- JVA has secured the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) to process our member background screens. JVA has also secured Abuse Prevention Systems (APS) to process our Abuse Prevention training course. Every JVA member and all adults listed on rosters at JVA insured events, must complete the Background Screen and APS training.
- A Club will not allow any individual who refuses to consent to a background screen to participate in any club activities. The Junior Club will immediately remove from any involvement with the club an individual who receives a negative background screening report.
Our coaches also have access to:
- Ongoing educational support provided by the JVA
- Post Secondary recruiting support through JVA partnerships with NCSA
- Premium Art of Coaching Membership
- VA webinars - providing detailed info on:
- Player Development
- Team Development and Game Management
- Fitness and Mental Training
- Coach and Parent Management
- Membership to the American Volleyball Coaches Association(AVCA) and all it's benefits.
Moreover our coaches teach the most up to date technical and tactical principles in order to try to minimize injuries and increase levels of success.